Refrigerated containers are widely used for the transport of food and various medicines, maintaining the required temperature. "Novomarine Container Line" provides a full range of services for perishable goods. Our experts will pay maximum attention to your cargo throught the entire logistics network, which in turn will ensure timely delivery and extend shelf life.
Perishable goods transported in refrigerated containers, are classified by mode of transport:
- Frozen goods transported in temperatures from -4 to -20 0C;
- Refrigerated cargoes transported at temperatures from +6 to -4 0 C;
- Fruit and vegetable goods carried out at temperatures from 0 to 14 0C.
Refrigeration unit of refrigerated container has to be turned for 6-18 hours in advance before loading, so cargo space will be cooled or heated to the desired temperature.
Air exchange mode - supply of fresh air into the container in small amounts (2-3 WSO. / Hour) - is checked only in the case of transportion of fruit and vegetables or other goods for which it is needed.
The cargo should be stacked in such a way as to ensure reliable protection against damage to the container caused by the movement of cargo, an upper load, as well as under the influence of pitching, shock waves and vibrations.
During the vessel voyage container are periodically monitored and controlled for:
- temperature of the reefer containers (for recording thermograph cartogram);
- compliance with the temperature of the goods specified in the accompanying documents;
- of the units according to the warning device;
- no unauthorized knock on the unit or the cargo space of the container due to poor load securing;
- absence of significant overheating of the equipment;
- reliable fastening of refrigerated containers.
For more information on the rules of carriage by sea of perishable goods in refrigerated containers can learn by contacting us +1 917 831 2376